Thursday, March 7, 2013

AP Classes


Taking an AP class is something that is expected of you when you are enrolled at Kennedy High School. It is a large part of our curriculum and it is very encouraged. Each year I have gradually been taking more and more AP classes. I have gotten used to them yet each year they seem to be getting harder and harder. My most difficult class that I have taken was AP Bio. It was an intense amount of work and reading and the tests were really hard. Another one of my most challenging classes was AP Chemistry. All the formulas and different techniques were out of this world!

                I would like to take a moment here and thank all of my AP teachers here at Kennedy. Now that I am taking a college class that requires me to know all the things that I was taught at Kennedy, I know how good all my teachers were.  If I were to walk away from Kennedy and needed to leave a piece of advice I would say to appreciate all that your teachers do for you. They are looking out for your best interest and want you to do well in the future. They are preparing you for upper level classes and want you to excel in all of them.

                Even though going through all the AP classes isn’t the easiest thing in the world, it will be well worth it later on in life and when you get to college. Going to college is a big change in itself; it comes with all new changes and many distractions.  Living on your own isn’t the easiest thing when you have been spoon fed by your mother your whole life and don’t even know how to fold your own laundry. Kennedy has made it possible for your first year of college to be an easy going year. The classes that are required from you in the first year of college are essentially just as hard as the AP classes that we took as seniors.

                Kennedy is a great place and I am so thankful that I have been able to attend this school and be incredibly successful.  This is a wonderful school.  Even though AP is something that is basically forced upon us, I’m glad that I took those classes. The teachers are amazing and the love that comes from everyone is like no other. I am proud to say that I am a Kennedy Cougar and I will forever bleed green and gold. (422)

No comments:

Post a Comment