Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gift Giving


When you are trying to figure out what to get your relatives and friends for Christmas there are two things that you are conscious about: what they think they will like and how much do we want to spend on them.  Family members get first priority and tend to get more money when it comes to presents. For me I go in with my brother and split the money to get them something that is nicer when we put our money together.

                Usually the opposite parents help us out to get the other a cool gift and help pick something out that they might like. But when it comes to friends my parents don’t help me out at all. They make me pay for everything. In the recent year I have gotten a job so paying for things has become a lot easier and I am able to buy nicer things.

                The hard part about the two criteria is that the thing that the person might want may be out of your price range. What do you do then? If that was the case I would simply purchase a gift card to the store that sold the expensive item so then they don’t have to buy the whole thing themselves and can still get what they wanted in the long run. That way I am happy with the perfect gift and they are happy. After all the Christmas season is about giving not receiving. (244)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment