Thursday, January 31, 2013

Computer for College


When students head off to college it is customary to go with their own computer.  It’s a fun new toy that many get as a graduation gift. I am in the midst of looking for the right computer that fits my needs. I am not a big compute wiz but I enjoy surfing the internet. My main use for it would be to do different research, write papers, and look over power points from class.

I wouldn’t say that I am obsessed with labels but I do like the Apple brand. I am familiar with their other products and own many. They all seem to work the same and can be linked together through iTunes iCloud. I have faith that if I spent my money on a computer from Apple that they will give me a product that will live up to my standards and beyond.

Another cool product that is out there is the new Microsoft/ Google computer that doubles as a tablet and a computer. The screen can fold all the way back and clicks to enable the touch screen.  The touch screen is also able to work when the keyboard is folded up. Having a connection with Google which is the biggest and most used search engine out there it might give me better results when searching for something.

Now that I have it narrowed down to two computers I have to lay out the pros and cons of both. One of the major differences is the price and storage capacity. But if I want the top of the line computer that is out there today most sales people would lean toward the newest macbook pro with retina display. It is a hybrid of the macbook air and the old macbook pro. My decision has been made finally! Now I just have to purchase. (307)

No comments:

Post a Comment