Thursday, April 25, 2013

Senior Skip day


Senior skip day is coming up and I am planning on taking part in all the activities! There are some pros and cons when it comes to participating. The teachers can either be nice or be harsh when it comes to skip day.  If it were up to me I would want them all to make no penalty and just have a relaxing day. But then again when does the student get to choose what we do for the lesson of the day.

All the teachers know it is coming and should give seniors this one day to live life to fullest and get to extend the prom weekend. But this issue only affects teacher who either have one class of just seniors or teach only seniors just like Mr. Grady. This is the last time that we will be able to enjoy each other as classmates and want to make it one big party.  There are two ways that teachers can approach dealing with all the seniors being gone. Either they can take the mean route and assign a test on that day or make something due that day that is worth a lot of points. They could also dock off points if you don’t show up that you can’t make up.  There is another side, where they could reward extra credit if you do come, that way you could pick and choose what class you want to come to, so you don’t have to come the whole day. There are two more stances that are on the nicer that I would prefer, those being either they do nothing that day or they just move on with the lesson but they don’t deduct points or reward extra credit.

So what do you do on senior skip day? Well most people look at it as a time to sleep in and recover from the weekend. Others go out and party on that Sunday night so they can be with their friends for another night. Honest that is probably what I will be doing. I am planning on making it a weekend to remember. I want to make a statement with my dress and be a show stopper and surround myself with the friends that I love and will miss when they leave my side.  Prom is the last step that we take a group and as classmates before we graduate.  Time has really flown by and I can’t wait for everything to be over so we can move on and not have the added stress of school. (440)

No comments:

Post a Comment