Sunday, April 7, 2013

Driving Privileges


Having a curfew is something that almost every teenager has to deal with while growing up in their parents households. We hate is but they might have a point. When I first got my license my parents were super strict with the rules about curfew, it was always 11 pm whenever I decided to go out with my friends. Now at the time it was tedious because all of my friends lived on the other side of town and I needed to leave an extra 15 minutes early to get home on time. This seemed like a fair trade seeing that I legally couldn’t be driving around past 12:30 a.m. When I turned 17 the times at which I couldn’t be on the road where taken off, that meant that I could drive around at all hours of the night! That’s what freedom really feels like. Now that I am 18 there aren’t any special regulations that I don’t have to follow but now it means that if I get a ticket I could go to jail or have something serious happen if I get into trouble.

Now that I am looking back on how I was treated when I first got my license and my parents were strict I find it very unfair that my brother who is a year younger than me gets to be out until 12:30 whenever he wants to and he is only 16. The rules shouldn’t change when it comes to the next sibling. I didn’t get to be out that late until I was 17. I just feel like he will abuse the system when he turns 17 and be out even later than I am now and I’m 18 and not get into trouble. Life is unfair. L  (296)

No comments:

Post a Comment